Code of Ethics for Arbitrators
of the Online Arbitration Court
§ 1 Integrity
1. The Arbitrator is obliged to follow the mandatory moral standards and to hold its position in a dignified manner.
2. The Arbitrator should avoid behaviors which may challenge the trust in him/her.
§ 2 Due Diligence
1. The Arbitrator is obliged to hold his/her position in person, under applicable provisions of the law, with utmost diligence, fairly and to the best of his/her knowledge.
2. The Arbitrator may not, without valid reasons, refrain from holding his/her position.
3. The Arbitrator is obliged to conduct proceedings in a diligent and effective manner, to earnestly assess the condition of the case and to conclude it as soon as possible.
4. The Arbitrator is obliged to systematically improve his/her qualifications and the knowledge necessary for proper performance of his/her position.
§ 3 Impartiality
1. The Arbitrator is obliged to hold its position in an impartial manner and to treat Parties to proceedings equally.
2. The Arbitrator should not participate in examination of a case if his/her past or present relationship with the Party participating in proceedings or its attorney raise justified doubts as to his/her impartiality.
§ 4 Independence
On account of holding his/her position, the Arbitrator may not be subject to any external pressure or dependence. He/she should issue orders solely under the law (or equity principles, if the Parties have authorized him/her to do so) and his/her own belief.
§ 5 Confidentiality
1. The Arbitrator may not disclose what he/she has learned on account of holding his/her position.
2. The Arbitrator may not use, in his/her own interest or in the interest of a third party, the information obtained during proceedings or in connection with proceedings, or disclose such information for the purposes not related to proceedings, including after the end thereof.
§ 6 Freedom
While holding his/her position, the Arbitrator will exercise freedom of speech and writing within the law and justified needs.
§ 7 Dignity
1. During the whole proceedings and after they end, the Arbitrator should act so that his/her behavior does not violate dignity of the persons participating in the proceedings.
2. In the case of improper behavior of the persons participating in the proceedings, the Arbitrator should demonstrate calmness and tactfulness.
3. The Arbitrator may not demonstrate his/her attitude to the Parties or to other participants in the proceedings.
§ 8 Liability
Violation by the Arbitrator of this Code may result in his/her exclusion from ruling in the given case, and in excluding him/her from the List of Arbitrators, as per the Statute and Regulations of the permanent Online Arbitration Court.